Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Central Square World's Fair


"Dancing in the Square," Central Square, Cambridge, 25 July 2004

It was a good weekend although events did not unfold the way I'd originally envisioned. Luckily, Plan B was just as good.
My Baker's Dozen ...

* "You're still going to pick blueberries ..?"
* Last minute shopping trip resulting in pants that fit
* Viewing Party Saturday night with most of the usual crew, treats a plenty, in the sauna that is Digger's condo
* Watching the Farscape wrap (2002) on DVD and sharing in the shock and sadness with the cast & crew all over again then smiling to myself during the Save Farscape ads and cast interviews
* Making popcorn
* Hearing Rubyhorse for the first time
* Watching dance troupe Collage and the spontaneous, costumed dancers in the street
* Soft-serve ice cream and caramelly drinks
* The bubble gun lady in the funny, pink hat, blowing/shooting her bubbles from the stage into the audience
* Walking up and down Mass. Ave. for a good two hours
* Having to decide between making the last train home or seeing my friend play in his band
* Realizing that I didn't have enough for a cab ride home and so I would miss The Slackers show once again

-----
Wednesday Snap entry for this week's (well, technically, last week's, I guess) theme Music: Playing an Instrument is up over at my fotolog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home